The Cave Vinicole de Pfaffenheim was created in 1957 by a small group of growers who decided to get together and join forces in order to work more efficiently.
The first harvest was brought to our cellars in 1959 . At that time there were some fifty members and production stood at 2000 hl for 40 hectares. In 1960 a cooperative was born in Gueberschwihr, the neighbouring village.In 1968 , the two cellars merged. The CVPG then had 100 member growers. This merger proved beneficial to both parties.
Today, the Cave des Vignerons de Pfaffenheim has 230 members in the surrounding areas and harvests some 20000 hl over 270 hectares. Our infrastructure has changed enormously over the last 40 years. More and more work has been carried out over the years in order to satisfy a growing need for space. First we constructed an administrative building which enabled us to extend production and storage areas. Next came a major vat room and a micro-vinification vat room.
Thanks to a tightly-knit team and follow-up that begins in the vineyard and extends right down to the customer, the Cave des Vignerons de Pfaffenheim has long been the winery that has won the most awards at the Concours Général Agricole de Paris.
Visit their website